- Friday -- Challenge -- Met friend for lunch at the galaxy cafe in the triangle. I felt this was a safe choice since they have plenty of salad choices and soups. Prior to my arrival, I decided I would get a salad and would not even look at the rest of the menu. I chose the ahi tuna salad which was excellent!! I meant to take a picture but forgot all about it. During the rest of the day, I ate fruits, vegetables and HMR meal replacements.
- Saturday - Challenge -- Outing with kiddos and hubby including birthday party at children's museum. We had lunch at at Qdoba at the arboretum.. I chose the ancho chile "naked" burrito and added guacamole and extra lettuce. It was ok, with the exception of the barbecue sauce they poured in it which I could have done without. By the way, qdoba is not my favorite burrito place, but it was the closest around. In my opinion, Cabo Bob's is by far the best in town (sorry freebirds). I love their burritos in a bowl and all the healthy selections they have. Their sauces are excellent and the people working there are awesome!! Their fountain sodas are made with Imperial Sugar - my husband loooves this!! I don't particularly care because I drink diet coke but he swears by the taste of imperial sugar sodas versus the syrup. The only bad thing is that there is only one store at Ben White and 71. Too far for us who live North. Cabo Bob -- Please come up north, we need you!!!
- At the birthday party, I did not touch the pizza or the cake. I was tempted to taste the cake, but I knew that having just one bite would not be enough for me so I chose not to even try it. As soon as we got home, I changed into my workout clothes and jumped on the treadmill. I committed to 20 minutes, ended up doing 40 -- jogging/walking/hills. About 400 calories burned.
- Sunday -- Challenge -- Lazy day at home, sitting around doing nothing. I ended up eating some baked Cheetos -- about one serving, not perfect but not too bad. The rest of the day was filled by fruit, vegetables and HMR meal replacements.
I'm a 39 year old working mom living in Austin. It's time to take my fitness goals seriously and become a healthier, happier me in 2011. I love good food and good company, which can sometimes hamper my weight loss and fitness goals. I recently started a program at the Austin Diagnostic Clinic to lose weight and become healthier. Here's my chronicle
Popular Posts
Sunday, January 23, 2011
End of the weekend
The weekend is almost over and I feel very good about what I was able to accomplish. Weekends are always tough for me, and it is a challenge to stick to my diet. I always seem to crave some of my favorite foods, and it is really hard to turn these cravings off. Below is what I did this weekend and how I coped with the cravings:
Labels:
cabobobs,
galaxycafe,
HMR,
qdoba,
weight loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment